Tregantle Fort Tregantle Fort is the largest land fort in the Plymouth defences (one of the "Palmerston forts") and includes a self contained, ditched keep. It was built in 1858-59 to house 2,000 men in barracks, arranged on its south side and was designed for 35 guns. We were asked by Landmarc, who manage the Defence Training Estate (DTE) for the MOD, to oversee joinery repairs and reconstruction of doors and windows to the open inner court of the keep, which were rotting because of the very damp conditions. We undertook an assessment and survey of the existing joinery and internal shutters. Following a paint analysis, we prepared detailed drawings and specifications and negotiated a Scheduled Monument Clearance with English Heritage in a very short time scale, to allow expenditure of the funds allocated to the project within the tax year.