Clatworthy, South Molton
A Grade II listed corn mill, rebuilt in approximately 1840 on the site of previous mills from the 15th century. The mill has recently been owned by Hancock's Cider and is sited immediately next to the River Bray.
Converted to a three story, single dwelling with minimal subdivision except for bedrooms to the second floor to maintain the character of the open spaces, with a new garden room with views over the river and weir. The work had to be tuned to accommodate the bat roosts in the roof and designed to acknowledge the risk of flooding with removable flood barriers on external doors.